Software Developer (C++ / Java)
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Permanent, Full Time
Ovarro is a market-leading provider of remote telemetry units, secure SCADA systems and business optimisation software. We are transforming how companies around the world use their software to improve productivity.
One of our key product offerings, SCOPE, is a secure software telemetry and SCADA platform for monitoring and controlling a diverse range of assets in real-time. SCOPE unifies people, processes and assets from small plant installations through to the management of entire organisations’ operational networks.
We’re now looking for a Software Developer to join us and work on both our Telemetry / SCADA software stack.
As a Software Developer, you will:
- Design software solutions to meet the company’s requirements
- Implement and test project deliverables
- Contribute to Scrum meetings and provide updates on project progress
- Take part in design, coding, test automation and documentation
Interested? To be considered as a Software Developer, you will need:
- Experience of C/C++ and Java
- Knowledge or of low-level communication protocols and software drivers e.g. DNP3, MODBUS, OPC-UA, TCPIP
- Experience of the Linux CLI command set
- Experience of working in Agile team using SCRUM would be beneficial
- A degree level qualification in computing or a similar discipline (or equivalent experience)
What we will offer you in return;
Our benefits include a competitive salary, sales incentive scheme, company bonus scheme, 25 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays, flexible hours, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, professional membership fees, and more.
At Ovarro, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Ovarro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.